For the Dressing
- 1 Tbsp. tahini
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large Tanimura & Antle artisan sweet red onion, peeled, cut lengthwise with the core intact
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 2-3 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Olive oil, salt and pepper for grilling the onions
- In a blender, combine tahini, vinegar, water, mustard, honey and garlic. Blend until smooth and then drizzle in oil. Add more water if dressing is too thick, season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the bar-b-que or heat a grill pan over medium heat.
- Slice onion into ½” pieces through the core end, leaving the pieces attached.
Sprinkle onion pieces with oil, salt and pepper before grilling 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Toss spinach in a large bowl with warm onion slices, sesame seeds and cilantro.
- Add ½ cup of the dressing and toss well.
- Add more dressing as needed. Extra dressing can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.