Broccoli Cheese Soup
Products Used: Tanimura & Antle Broccoli
- 1 Head Tanimura & Antle broccoli, coarsely chopped (flowers, leaves and stems)
- 3 oz.’s Butter
- 1 Cup Chopped onion
- 5 Cups Chicken or vegetable broth, divided
- 1/2 lb. Grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Cup Whole milk
- 2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/3 Cup Cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a soup pot, melt butter and then sautéed onion and broccoli for about 5 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of broth, reserving 1 cup in a small bowl.
- Cook over medium heat for about 25 minutes, until broccoli is tender.
- Stir in cheese, milk and garlic powder. As cheese melts, stir cornstarch into reserved stock. Add to soup pot and cook until soup thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Puree in batches in a blender, season with salt and pepper.