Ultimate Brunch Burger with Artisan Red Onions
Products Used: Artisan® Sweet Italian Red Onions
- 1 Large Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Italian Red Onion, sliced into rounds
- 4, 4-6 oz. Ground beef patties
- 4 Burger buns
- 4 Eggs
- 1 lb of fresh Shiitake Mushrooms
- 6 tbsp. Butter or Margarine
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 Tbsp. of your favorite Ketchup
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Micro Greens (For garnish)
- Heat an outdoor grill or stove top grill pan over medium heat
- Make the mushroom toppings. In a saucepan on medium high heat, add half the butter and 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce. When the butter melts, add the fresh mushrooms and sauté for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn heat to low and keep sautéing for 10 more minutes.
- Season patties with salt and pepper and place on grill, turning to the other side after 5 minutes
- Melt the rest of the butter in a non-stick pan and crack eggs into pan. Baste eggs with butter while cooking. Cook until whites are firm, but yolk is still runny.
- Toast buns and place sliced red onion on bottom then top with ketchup. Followed by burger, mushroom topping and egg. Garnish with micro greens and serve.