Servings: 4 – 6
Products Used: Tanimura & Antle Artisan Romaine, Tanimura & Antle Artisan Sweet Italian Red Onion
- 2 heads Tanimura & Antle Artisan Romaine
- 3/4 cup chopped Tanimura & Antle Artisan Sweet Italian Red Onion
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pound 95% lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder (preferably 2 tsp. regular chili powder and 1 tsp. ancho chili powder)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Crumbled cotija cheese
- Pico de gallo
- Diced red onion
- Diced avocado or guacamole
- Chopped cilantro
- Sour cream
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 2 minutes. Add turkey and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook, tossing and breaking up turkey occasionally, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, tomato sauce and chicken broth. Reduce to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes until sauce has reduced.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop topping ingredients to desired size.
- To prep Artisan Romaine, chop root end of romaine off, as close to end as possible. Separate leaves. Double up for serving. For an extra crispy crunch, chill washed Artisan Romaine leaves in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before prepping.
- Assemble Taco cups. To assemble taco cups, place two closely sized artisan romaine leaves on top of each other, top with ground turkey mixture and then toppings of your choice.