The Red SaladServings: 4 Products Used: Field Fresh Red Leaf Lettuce
- 2 medium red beets with stems trimmed
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
For the Salad
- 4 cups Tanimura & Antle Red Leaf Lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Chives, chopped
For the Dressing
- 1 cup raspberries
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place beets in a large pot and cover with cold water by 2 inches.
- Bring water to a boil over high heat and add a two large pinches of salt.
- Reduce heat slightly to maintain a rolling boil. Cook beats until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Peel beets then cut crosswise into ¼ inch thick slices.
- In a medium bowl whisk vinegar, a large pinch of salt and pepper. Add sliced beets and gently toss until covered. Set beets aside to marinate.
- Meanwhile, make the salad. Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large salad bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a blender and process until smooth to make the raspberry vinaigrette.
- Top the salad with the pickled beets and drizzle generously with the vinaigrette dressing. Toss to combine and serve immediately.