Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
The Role: The Systems Administrator will focus on the administration of critical technology resources, including but not limited to installing new software releases, system upgrades, patches, issue resolution and other system maintenance. Maintains and administers backups and recovery. Maintains and monitors system configuration to ensure integrity and security. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with operating systems and software implementations. Should be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures for multiple operating systems, database tools and Active Directory. Works under general supervision and within a team environment
Location: Salinas, CA
Areas of Responsibility:
- Configure, support, and manage servers and system infrastructure as required and according to standard operating procedures, compliance requirements and change control.
- Ensure that services and infrastructure can deliver the agreed capacity and performance targets in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Ensure that services and infrastructure implement IT Security best practices.
- Deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Manage and support the company’s primary, backup, and archival storage solutions.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Collaborate with IT staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, implementations, requirements, and general troubleshooting.
- Must have reliable, predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Must be available seven days a week, at all hours when on-call as assigned (e.g., one month at a time or as required in a shared rotating schedule). Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must be willing and able to travel as needed.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Other duties as assigned by their supervisor
- Strong Windows administration skills.
- Experience with Virtualization (VMware)
- Working knowledge of administering Microsoft 365 based applications such as Intune, Sharepoint, and Teams.
- Working knowledge of on premise Active Directory as well as Azure AD
- Proficient in AD Group Policy both designing and implementing.
- Experience with monitoring, debugging and root cause analysis.
- Ability to gather, read, understand, and troubleshoot server/system logs.
- Powershell scripting and other automation processes a plus.
- Knowledge of MySQL & MSSQL databases a plus