Spicy Escarole Ramen BowlServings: 4 Products Used: Field Fresh Escarole
- 1 large head of Tanimura & Antle Escarole, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2” Pinch of fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/3 cup hot chili paste (Sambal oelek)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1lbs fresh or dried ramen
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 green onions, sliced for garnish
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook for about 5 minutes. Crumbling with a wooden spoon until the turkey browned.
- Add ginger, garlic, sugar, tomato paste and Chinese five-spice to the ground turkey. Stir and continue to cook until turkey is cooked through.
- Add chili paste, soy sauce, rice vinegar and a cup of water. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly thickened and flavors have melded, about 15 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook noodles according to package. During the last minute of cooking, add chopped escarole. Save a splash of the water used from boiling.
- Add the noodles and escarole to the pot with sauce and ground turkey. Add butter and a splash of cooking liquid. Simmer and toss until the sauce thickens slightly and clings to the ramen.
- Divide among four plates and garnish with green onions and peanuts.