For the Dressing
- 8 Cups Tanimura & Antle Broccoli
- ¼ Cup Cornstarch
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 Tbsp. Sunflower or canola oil
- 5 Tbsp. Honey
- ¼ Cup Soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha
- 1 Large Clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Ginger, minced
- 1 ½ tsp. Toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame seeds, divided
- 2 Scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ Cups Cooked brown or white rice
1. Steam or blanche broccoli in salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Toss chicken pieces in a mixing bowl with cornstarch, 1 teaspoon of salt and several grinds of black pepper.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken pieces and cook until brown, about 5 minutes, stirring.
4. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside while the second half is cooking in the rest of the oil.
5. In the meantime, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and 1 tablespoon of the sesame seeds. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
6. Add the sauce to the skillet along with the first batch of the chicken and the broccoli. Toss well and cook until the sauce is syrupy, about 3 minutes.
7. Add the scallions and the rest of the sesame seeds. Toss well and heat through. Serve over rice.