Senior Accounting Analyst
Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
The Role: In this role you will be responsible for timely and accurate reporting of departmental financial statements as well as tracking and reporting operational results for several growing subsidiaries. The ideal candidate possesses an eagerness to learn and has great attention to detail. This position has an operational focus and must have the ability to communicate effectively with operational employees to identify and resolve problems and discrepancies.
Location: Salinas or Hollister, CA
Areas of Responsibility:
- Perform period end closing procedures, including monthly accruals, journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsible for departmental budgets
- Responsible for departmental finance statements and variance reports
- Assist with weekly sales plans and departmental dashboards
- Review, code and approve vendor invoices for accuracy
- Enter and maintain purchase orders and data tables
- Create and maintain accurate spreadsheets
- Assist with special projects, which will include evaluating processes, identifying issues, making recommendations and following through to resolution
- Must have reliable, predictable attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller of Diversified Businesses
- Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Accounting and a strong familiarity with US GAAP.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions, including over the phone, email and in person.
- Must have excellent written, verbal interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to communicate and work with employees, team-members, supervisor, and management.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and apply concepts (fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions) to practical situations.
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Able to troubleshoot and problem-solve.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), databases, queries and internet software.
- Must be able to work full-time during normal business hours, with occasional travel as needed. On occasion, this position will require working on the weekends and outside normal business hours to assist payroll and other duties as required and approved by the Controller of Diversified Businesses.
- Promotes a positive Company image, and supports the Finance Department efforts.
- Must be able to maintain and abide by confidentiality.
- Must understand overall employee, Department, and Company priorities as it relates to Product Management priorities.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and ability to collaborate effectively with operational counter parts.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must prioritize workload, track and follow-up with pending matters.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Must be able to independently manage multiple high priority tasks simultaneously and juggle multiple people’s demands.