Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
Location: Salinas and Tres Picos, California and Yuma, Arizona
The Role: In this role you will be responsible for timely and accurate processing of payroll records for our various operations. The ideal candidate possesses an eagerness to learn and has great attention to detail. This position has an operational focus and must have the ability to communicate effectively with operational employees to identify and resolve problems and discrepancies. This position requires you to relocate to our other geographical areas.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Verify accuracy in daily harvest production breakdown reports
- Verify accuracy in timecards, crew rosters, and other payroll records
- Download employee’s work hours from the Kronos System and ensures hours are accurately in the JD Edwards system
- Manually verifies payroll reports for data entry accuracy
- Process, print, sort and organize weekly paychecks for distribution
- File and scan payroll records after weekly payrolls are completed
- Participates on a Saturday rotation schedule
- Work schedule includes early and/ or late hours
- Must be bi-lingual and bi-literate in English/Spanish
- Must have regular, reliable, predictable attendance and punctuality
- Must be able to relocate to Salinas and Tres Picos, California, and Yuma, Arizona
- May require working outside of normal business hours, including weekends and holidays
- Other duties as assigned
- An Associate of Arts (i.e., AA) Degree or two years of payroll experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions, including over the phone, email and in person. Must have excellent written, verbal interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to communicate and work with employees, team-members, supervisor, and management.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and apply concepts (fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions) to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Able to troubleshoot and problem-solve.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly in Excel and Word). Experience in Enterprise One, JD Edwards, Showcase Query and IBM Lotus Notes is a plus, but not required.
- Must be able to travel intermittently and relocate to follow the harvesting operations: Tres Picos, California from mid-October through end-November and mid-March through mid-April; Yuma, Arizona from mid-November through mid-April; and, Salinas, California from about mid-April through mid-October, depending on the production season, which is affected by weather, plant quality, labor supply, and business necessity.
- Promotes a positive Company image and supports the Human Resources Department efforts.
- Must be able to maintain and abide by confidentiality.
- Must understand overall employee, Department, and Company priorities as it relates to Product Management priorities.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and ability to collaborate effectively with operational counter parts.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must prioritize workload, track and follow-up with pending matters.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Must be able to independently manage multiple high priority tasks simultaneously and juggle multiple people’s demands.