National Account Manager
Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
The Role: In this role you will work within our sales department to oversee and develop our National Retail Accounts. Responsibilities include contract negotiations, market driven reporting and expanding brand presence. A successful candidate will be comfortable with assorting, analyzing and presenting sales data. This position is customer facing and will require internal teamwork and collaboration. Excellent communication and reasoning skills are a must.
Location: Salinas, CA
Areas of Responsibility:
Drive growth with retail partners by selling in products across our product line.
Be knowledgeable in the current retail space and keep up with upcoming trends.
Responsible for facilitating and improving upon our Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Program.
Analyze sales and market fluctuations to anticipate current and future demand.
Provide customer specific, data driven, market updates.
Create and clearly present data for both yearly customer recaps and internal review.
Provide excellent value to retail partners by understanding their systems and procedures.
Ability to discern industry outlooks and apply new thought processes into current SOPs
Assist in the development and innovation of customer specific packs by organizing projects and collaborating with various internal departments.
Problem resolution. This involves working with internal and external parties to quickly resolve and adjust future processes as needed.
Continually optimize work processes as needed to be more efficient.
Work with customers and accounting departments on unresolved balances & short payments
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced in Microsoft office suite
- Basic understanding of Itrade and various other customer specific trading platforms
- Detail oriented with ability to multitask.
- Intermediate math skills. Understanding of general accounting a plus.
- Must be able to work well both independently and with a team.
- Must be able to promote a positive company image, and uphold company values.
- High School Diploma/GED required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years related sales/national account management experience
- Some travel and afterhours work required.
- Loves to work with people and communicate collaboratively to accomplish common goals
- Self-motivated to continually improve and add value, even if it is outside of their job description
- Ability to proactively troubleshoot and provide solutions
- Ability to plan ahead and predict problems by being observant to the little things that make a big difference
- Team player