Products Used: Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Baby Iceberg, Field Fresh Iceberg Lettuce, Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Italian Red Onion
- 2 Heads Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Baby Iceberg lettuce OR 1 Head of Tanimura & Antle Iceberg lettuce, chopped or shredded
- 1/2 Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Italian Red Onion, diced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 lb. Cojita cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 White onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. Chile powder
- 1 Cup Prepared salsa of your choice
- 1 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Chopped cilantro
- 3-4 Tbsp. Lime juice
- 1 Jalapeno, chopped, seeds removed (optional)
- 1 Cup Tortilla chips, (optional)
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and cook ground beef in vegetable oil, breaking into small pieces, stirring well.
- Season ground beef with chili powder and mix in 2 Tbsp water. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir until fully cooked, about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In small bowl, prepare salsa vinaigrette by stirring together salsa, red wine vinegar, 1 Tbsp lime juice, olive oil and ½ of the cilantro.
- In another small bowl, make pico de gallo by stirring together chopped roma tomatoes, diced Artisan Sweet Red Onion, diced white onion, remaining cilantro, and chopped jalapeno (optional). Mix in remaining lime juice and set aside.
- Place iceberg lettuce in a large bowl or spread evenly onto a platter.
- Top lettuce with ground beef, pico de gallo, and cojita cheese.
- Add salsa vinaigrette and tortilla chips (optional).