Born from a culture of innovation, the Tanimura & Antle hydroponics operation is one of the largest greenhouse lettuce operations in the nation. We pride ourselves in being growers first and is our competitive advantage in the indoor farming world. With a 13-year successful track record, we have a success story that builds lasting relationships.
We are growing! Literally in new greenhouse expansions and the vegetables grown inside. We are looking for employees to build upon the Tanimura & Antle greenhouse culture and want to have an impact to local communities. We are committed to indoor advanced technologies while still believing in our people (the farmer) to grow a high quality vegetable.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
We are looking for a grower to be responsible for our new greenhouse expansion. This position will manage all aspects of the crop production with the goal of maximizing yields, exceeding our quality standards and build a collaborative relationship with our production teams.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Evaluation of seed varieties
- Assist in developing seeding schedules
- Ensure that the growing environment is strategically maintained related to germination, fertility, IPM and climate controls
- Evaluation of the research and capital projects of growing projects
- Manage and mentor growing technicians
- Predict and manage the unexpected
- Maintain a clean and healthy work environments for the crop and employees
- Insure timely sanitation & maintenance of greenhouse facilities
- Take ownership of greenhouse control systems and provide oversight
- Engagement within our food safety program
- 4 year degree in a related field to agriculture (crop science etc.) or 3 plus years of experience in similar field.
- Direct experience in farming, commercial greenhouse experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Experience managing fertility and IPM programs
- Highly computer literate and experience in greenhouse controls
- Experience managing people and well organized
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills
- Ability to manage a variable work schedule around the crop needs
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Loves the science in growing
- Self-motivated to continually improve and add value
- Ability to trouble shoot and provide solutions
- Ability to plan ahead and predict problems by being observant to the little things that make a big difference
- Desire to be on their feet, making an impact to the healthy plant growth
- Enjoys working with people and being part of a long term healthy culture