Human Resources Manager
Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
The Role: The Human Resources Manager is responsible for Accounting and Human Resources functions at Tanimura & Antle operations in Livingston, Tennessee.
Location: Livingston, Tennessee
Salary Range: $65,000 – $75,000
Areas of Responsibility:
HR Functions Including:
- Hiring new employees
- Coordinating the staffing of temporary help for operations
- Administering new hire employee orientations
- Monitoring employee attendance
- Addressing employee matters
- Coordinating FMLA / WC leaves
- Assisting employees with Company benefit related inquiries
- Enforces a safe work environment
- Assists with the coordination of weekly/monthly safety tailgate meeting with employees
- Handles work related injuries
- Handling A/R, A/P, Payroll, Kronos timekeeping system
- Recording employee time keeping exceptions (e.g. sick days, vacation days taken)
- Assisting corporate controller with period close and financial audits.
- Maintaining employee and vendor files.
- Keeping up-to-date and advising management and supervisors about state and federal regulations
- Assisting the General Manager and other team members on special projects as needed
- Providing Administrative Support to the facility
- Developing programs to boost employee morale and teamwork
- Bachelor Degree in Business Management with a minimum of 5 years’ experience related to Accounting and or HR functions.
- Society of Human Resources Management Certification, a plus
- Possess strong communication/interpersonal skills. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, effectively present information and respond to questions from employees.
- Able to use computer software related to Database management, Internet, Project Management, Excel Spreadsheet, Word and PowerPoint.
- Capable of implementing designated business objectives.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), a plus
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to work on keyboard, sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Person must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lb weight.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.