- 3 heads Tanimura & Antle romaine lettuce, cut in half lengthwise with the core intact, rinsed in cold water and towel-dried
- ½ cup very thinly sliced Tanimura & Antle Artisan Sweet Italian Red Onion
- Olive oil spray
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3-4 large ears fresh corn
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- Make the dressing by combining olive oil, lime juice, honey, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add the avocado and smash into the mixture until chunky and incorporated. Season with more salt if needed. Set aside.
- Heat a grill pan or bar-b-que to medium-high heat.
- Spray both sides of the romaine hearts and season with salt and pepper before placing on the grill. Turn frequently until lettuce is wilted and corn is brown in spots and softening.
- Cut corn kernels off cobs when cool enough to handle. Place ½ head of romaine on each plate, sprinkle with corn kernels and onion slices, and evenly distribute dressing over each lettuce half.
- Eat immediately.