What You’ll Need:
- 1 large or 2 small Tanimura & Antle iceberg lettuce heads, cored, sliced in half lengthwise for small heads, quartered for large heads.
- 1 Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Red Onion, sliced thinly
- 2 – 3 heirloom tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 4 slices cooked bacon, cut/crumbled into small pieces
- Olive oil for grilling
For the Dressing:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ½ tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients and store refrigerated in a jar for at least an hour before using. Taste and re-season with salt and pepper before using, if needed.
- To make the salad, prepare the BBQ or heat a grill pan on the stove over high heat.
- Brush cut sides of iceberg with olive oil before grilling for 2 minutes on that side only.
- Place lettuce on each plate, garnish with tomatoes, Artisan sweet red onion and bacon pieces, drizzle with dressing.
- Serve immediately. Any extra dressing can be stored for up to a week in the refrigerator.