Products Used: Tanimura & Antle Iceberg Lettuce, Artisan Sweet Red Onion
- 1 Large or 2 Small Tanimura & Antle Iceberg lettuce heads, cored, sliced in half lengthwise for small heads, quartered for large heads.
- 1 Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Red Onion, sliced thinly
- 2 -3 Heirloom tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 4 Slices cooked bacon, cut/crumbled into small pieces
- Olive oil for grilling
For the Dressing
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Cup Sour cream
- ¾ Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp. Granulated onion
- 1 Tbsp. Minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped parsley
- ½ Tbsp. Finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients and store refrigerated in a jar for at least an hour before using. Taste and re-season with salt and pepper before using, if needed.
- To make the salad, prepare the BBQ or heat a grill pan on the stove over high heat.
- Brush cut sides of iceberg with olive oil before grilling for 2 minutes on that side only.
- Place lettuce on each plate, garnish with tomatoes, Artisan sweet red onion and bacon pieces, drizzle with dressing.
- Serve immediately. Any extra dressing can be stored for up to a week in the refrigerator.