Grilled Artisan Romaine BLTServings: 4 Products Used: Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Romaine Lettuce, Artisan® Sweet Italian Red Onions
- 2 Heads Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Romaine Lettuce
- 2 Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Italian Red Onions, sliced 1/4” rings
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Slices thick bacon
- 3/4 Cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Shaved Pecorino Romano cheese
- 12 Grape tomatoes
- Fresh ground pepper & sea salt
- Heat grill to high while preparing ingredients.
- Wash lettuce and cut heads in half lengthwise; drain cut side down.
- Heat frying pan and cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove and drain; discard excess fat from pan; chop bacon finely and set aside.
- Add 3/4 cup Balsamic vinegar to pan and cook over medium heat; reduce to 1/4 cup.
- Brush cut side of Romaine with olive oil; season with salt & pepper.
- Brush Onion with olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Toss grape tomatoes in 1 tsp olive oil and season with salt & pepper; roast in oven at 400° for approximately 5 minutes.
- Place Onion on hot grill, turn once after 3 minutes.
- Place Romaine cut side down on grill for 3 minutes or until light char marks.
- Place grilled Romaine on plate and shave Romano cheese over.
- Top with onion rings, bacon bits and roasted tomatoes.
- Drizzle Balsamic glaze over grilled romaine.