Foodservice Account Manager
Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
The Role: At Tanimura & Antle, we are customer centric in all aspects of engaging in true partnership with our customers. Our sales team members are referred to as Account Managers and not just sales people. As a Foodservice Account Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of developing each customer relationship, understanding their needs and the market channel as a business in the foodservice segment. This extends from growing the revenue and profitability of existing customers across product lines to the development of new customers. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand both customer needs and the competitive landscape. Utilizing our sales services, you will develop innovative solutions that align the needs of the customer with company goals. You will be accountable for profitability, revenue, and inventory. You must be able to communicate effectively with all areas of the Company with thought and purpose. You will, in conjunction with the product managers, develop go to market strategies to understand market conditions and target business.
Location: Salinas, CA
Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for maintaining daily business with existing accounts in addition to developing new business opportunities.
- Experience with iTrade or other EDI platforms.
- Responsible for customer planning and forecasting, including projecting number of cartons and revenue.
- Sell across all product lines, including new product launches, rationalization and inventory flow.
- Participate in daily /ad/contract pricing as part of the larger Company sales team.
- Prepare customer and execute presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Prepare action plans and executing those plans maximizing the capabilities of the customer and the Company.
- Follow-up, monitor and provide solutions for all areas of accounting including (e.g., credits quality, short pays, and late payments).
- Develop and implement a Company-wide go to market strategy for your customer base and work across departments to execute.
- Schedule customer ride along trainings and sales visits with thought and purpose, including top-to-top strategic meetings.
- Identify and address customer concerns and identify opportunities (new items/packs, logistical opportunities, and culinary ideation sessions etc.).
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with customers, team members that reflect a reputation for professional communications, service, trust, integrity, reliability, attention to detail and urgency.
- Travel estimated to be 15% in accordance with Company policy.
- Must have reliable, predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced in Microsoft office
- Basic understanding of Itrade and various other customer specific trading platforms
- Detail oriented with ability to effectively multitask
- Must be able to work well both independently and with a team
- Must be able to promote a positive company image, and uphold company values.
- High School Diploma/GED required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 6 years related sales/ account management experience
- Loves to work with people and communicate collaboratively to accomplish common goals
- Enjoys engaging with customers and providing solutions for our customers’ needs and demands across our full product mix and additional service offerings
- Self-motivated to continually improve and add value for the benefit of the company
- Ability to proactively troubleshoot and provide solutions
- Ability to take a “big picture” approach to develop viable customer programs
- Team player