Executive Coordinator & Assistant
Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
The Role: We are continuing to grow a talented team of individuals to execute our corporate company vision. This is a newly established role that will focus on supporting the CEO & President with strategic time management, meeting preparation and other executive projects.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Acts as a strategic, time management advisor to the CEO & President to collaborate and prioritize tasks, responsibilities and projects to make the best use of time
- Assists with managing the CEO & President’s calendar to schedule meetings with employees, customers, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Adhoc assignments and projects as assigned by the CEO. Owning, managing and ensure the completion of those projects.
- Ensures timely and effective completion of projects and initiatives of the CEO & President
- Drafts letters, emails, reports and other correspondence in support of the CEO & President
- Supports CEO & President in key meetings by taking notes and creating follow up action items
- Acts as the liaison between the CEO & President and other executives, clients, employees and stakeholders to ensure consistent, timely communication and ensuring involvement and/or decision making at the proper time
- Creates, recommends and maintains systems and processes where applicable to streamline time management and create efficiency
- Works cross functionally throughout the company to assist with corporate assigned projects as needed.
- Works cross functionally with appropriate executive leadership and departments to prepare presentations for meetings for the CEO & President
- Assists with booking travel, scheduling meetings and preparing for meetings on behalf of the CEO & President
- Bachelor Degree. Concentration in Agriculture Business, Business Administration or a similar field.
- 3+ years in a business or executive management role
- Track record of organizing and directing multiple teams, stakeholders, high energy groups and executives
- Ability to accept adhoc assignments and projects as assigned by the CEO by owning, managing and ensure the completion.
- Skillset in preparing misc. reports, meeting notes and task lists
- Ability to arrange travel plans as required
- Highly organized, motivated and enthusiastic
- Highly computer literate with skill in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills are essential
- Loves to work with people and communicate collaboratively to accomplish common goals
- Self-motivated to continually improve and add value, even if it is outside of their job description
- Ability to trouble shoot and provide solutions
- Ability to plan ahead and predict problems by being observant to the little things that make a big difference
- Enjoys being a team player and being part of a collective effort