Products Used: Tanimura & Antle Greenhouse Grown Boston Lettuce
- 1 Head Tanimura & Antle Boston lettuce, washed /dried and torn into pieces
- 2 Heads Belgian endive, cored and cut into thin strips
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 6 oz. Gruyere cheese, cut into small cubes
- 4 Tbsp. Sherry vinegar
- 1 Shallot, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 Clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Cup Walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- ½ Cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp. Water
- In a small bowl, whisk Dijon mustard, vinegar, water, shallot and garlic together.
- Slowly pour in olive oil, whisking vigorously until emulsified.
- Season dressing with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Toss Boston lettuce with endive, cheese and walnuts.
- Dress salad and taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve immediately