Chief of Staff
Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
The Chief of Staff assists with streamlining and tracking of company initiatives, and communicating objectives between departments. This role will assist in all primary communications with other industry leaders, customers and employees with or on behalf of the office of the president. The primary goal of this role is to support the President & CEO, and other executives to keep them organized and on track, freeing their time to build capacity and stay focused while addressing the needs of the company.
Location: Salinas, CA
Salary Range: $70,000 – $140,000
Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist with strategic business initiatives by coordinating, tracking of progress and ensure successful execution under the guidance of leadership and departmental heads.
- Assist the executive team members in determining and prioritizing meetings, milestones, events and business strategies through management of calendars and schedules.
- Accept projects as assigned by the President from time to time and own the design and implementation of those projects.
- Acts as the liaison between the President & CEO and other executives, clients, employees, and stakeholders to ensure consistent, timely communication and ensure involvement and/or decision-making at the proper time.
- Perform an array of administrative tasks from managing calendars, generating correspondence and reports, booking travel, scheduling meetings, and preparing for meetings.
- Assist with the preparation and dissemination of communications.
- Assist the President & CEO to collaborate and prioritize tasks, responsibilities, and projects to make the best use of time.
- Supports the President & CEO in key meetings by taking notes and creating follow-up action items
- Works cross-functionally throughout the company to assist with corporate projects as needed.
- Assists executive leadership and departments to prepare presentations for meetings.
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality and exercise discretion when interfacing with the business.
Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Communications, Sustainability, Agriculture Business, Business Administration, or a similar field.
Five or more years in a business or management role
Track record of organizing and directing multiple teams, stakeholders, high-energy groups and executives
Ability to accept ad-hoc assignments and projects as assigned by the CEO by owning, managing, and ensuring the completion.
Ability and comfortable shifting between strategic work and a wide array of administrative tasks.
Highly organized, motivated, and enthusiastic
Highly computer literate with skills in the Microsoft Office Suite
Strong verbal, written, and communication skills are essential
Skilled at leveraging technology for the improvement of processes.
Loves to work with people and communicate collaboratively to accomplish common goals.
Self-motivated to continually improve and add value, even if it is outside of their job description.
Ability to trouble shoot and provide solutions.
Ability to plan ahead and predict problems by being observant to the little things that make a big difference.
Enjoys being a team player and being part of a collective effort.