Baked Artisan Red Onion RingsServings: 4-6Products Used: Tanimura & Antle Artisan Sweet Red Onion
- 2-3 Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet
For the Batter
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
For Crispy Crust
1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
½ tsp. Paprika
¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
¼ tsp. Onion Powder
¼ tsp. Salt
Any other sauce of choice!
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Slice the end of each Artisan Red Onion and peel off outer skin. Cut onion into ½” round sections, keeping the rings in a circle shape.
- Carefully separate layer of onion into individual rings.
- In a bowl combine all wet ingredients and stir together.
- In another bowl combine all dry ingredients and stir together.
- Use a separate hand for the wet and dry mixes. Dip each onion ring into the wet mixture and then coat in the dry mixture.
- Place coated onion rings onto greased baking sheet, preferably with a wire rack so that they get crisp.
- Bake in batches, as space permits, in the pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Alternatively, an air fryer can be used. Bake 8-10 minutes at 400°F.