- 2 heads Tanimura & Antle Artisan Romaine, chopped or torn
- 2 ruby grapefruits, cut into sections without the white membranes
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, toasted
- 1-2 oz.Creamy goat cheese, crumbled
For the Dressing
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp cup minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- ¾ tsp Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is pre-heating, cut or tear Artisan Romaine into bite-sized pieces.
- Wash the Artisan Romaine and pat dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Place walnuts on ungreased, shallow pan or rimmed cookie sheet to prevent spillage. Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. (TIP: Bake more than the ½ cup needed for this recipe and save for later!)
- Remove pan and set aside to cool.
- While walnuts are cooling, whisk together all dressing ingredients in small bowl or shake in a small jar – add the olive oil last.
- Once walnuts have cooled, chop or break pieces to the size of your liking and set aside.
- Cut grapefruit into sections and remove the white membranes.
- Toss together all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Drizzle about ½ cup of the dressing onto the salad and toss together until well distributed. Serve remaining dressing on the side for your guests.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.