What You’ll Need
For the Salad:
- 2 Heads Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Lettuce
- 1 1/3 cups red or yellow teardrop tomatoes, halve
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 bell pepper, cut into slices
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- ½ Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Red Onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Grilled pita bread, optional
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp. minced garlic
- 1 ½ tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- Cut core end of lettuce heads to release leaves; cut leaves crosswise in half. Rinse and then drain well.
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, olives and sweet red onion in large salad bowl.
- Combine vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, oregano and salt in bowl. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add vinaigrette, as desired, before serving; toss well.
- Top with feta cheese.
- Serve with pita bread and grilled chicken or beef skewers (optional).