- 3 bunches Tanimura & Antle sweet broccoli, ends trimmed, stems cut in 3” lengths on the bias, florets attached to upper parts of the stem
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper
For the Dressing
- 6 slices pancetta (about 1/4 pound), cut into ¼” dice
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook the pancetta in a skillet over medium heat until golden brown. Drain on paper towels, reserve skillet and remaining fat for cooking sweet broccoli.
- In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, mustard seeds, red pepper flakes, sugar, thyme leaves and olive oil (adding oil last in a steady stream while whisking).
- In the skillet, over medium-high heat, place sweet broccoli, turning every 1-2 minutes until charred and soft. Season with salt and pepper, place on serving plates.
- Sprinkle pancetta and parmesan over sweet broccoli and then top each plate with 2-3 tablespoons of dressing, reserving remaining dressing, refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks.