Traveling Payroll Technician
Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
The Role: In this role, you will work within our Human Resources department and be a full time Traveling Payroll Technician. The primary work location will be in Salinas, California. However, this position will require you to relocate between our harvesting operations: Tres Picos, California and Yuma, Arizona. You will verify and manually calculate a variety of daily payroll records for accuracy, enter in our payroll system and process paychecks. This requires you to work closely with multiple operations in order to pay employees correctly and on time. Excellent attention to detail, sense of urgency and be process driven are critical in this role.
Location: Salinas, CA, traveling to Tres Picos, CA and Yuma, AZ
Areas of Responsibility:
- Verifies accuracy in daily harvest production breakdown report and load sheets.
- Verifies accuracy on timecards and crew rosters.
- Downloads employees’ worked hours from the Kronos System.
- Run and audit daily punch detail reports from Kronos System.
- Accurately enters employees’ worked hours in the JD Edwards system.
- Manually verifies payroll reports for entry accuracy.
- Prints, sorts and prepares weekly paychecks for distribution.
- Prepares payroll records after weekly payrolls are completed for filing and scanning.
- Performs additional Payroll tasks as directed.
- AA degree or two or more years of payroll experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self starter with minimal supervision.
- Bi-lingual, bi-literate in English/Spanish.
- Computer literacy in Excel, Experience with JD Edwards Enterprise 1, Kronos and Strategy and Queries.
- Ability to work Monday through Friday, Holidays and weekends when needed.
- Must be able to temporarily relocate to Yuma, AZ.
- Promotes a positive Company image, and supports the Human Resources Department efforts
- Team player with a can-do attitude and ability to collaborate effectively with operational counter parts
- Works well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven
- Prioritizes workload, tracks and follows up with pending matters
- Works independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Able to independently manage multiple high priority tasks simultaneously and juggle multiple people’s demands