Tennessee Greenhouse - General Labor
Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
General Labor in the following areas of Hydroponic Operations:
- Greenhouse Seeding
- Transplant 1
- Transplant 2
Location: Livingston, TN
Areas of Responsibility:
- Seed the lettuce plants using vacuum seeding tools or by hand, inspect seed (remove any damaged seed or cracked coating)
- Place the seeds into the growing media trays
Transplant 1 –
- Push racks of plants to transplant area
- Use pallet jack to move rafts to Transplant 1 area
Transplant 2 –
- Move pallet of 18 count rafts to Transplant 2 area
- Move the plants that have been transplanted into the 72 count rafts from the nursery pool to the water conveyor
- Push rafts on the conveyor to transplant station
- Lifting requirement of up to 35-75 lbs [66 lbs. for our harvest operations]
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
- Extensive pushing or pulling
- Extensive standing and walking
- Frequent stooping or bending over
- Repetitive movements
GED/High School Diploma preferred
6 months – 1 year of experience in a production/plant environment preferred.
Regular, Predictable, and reliable attendance is a must.