Temporary Full-Time Human Resources Assistant
Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
The Role:In this role you will work within our Human Resources Department to help maintain the accuracy of the HCM system. This will require you to work collaboratively across multiple departments in order to accurately and effectively execute daily responsibilities. You will have direct interaction and daily communications with management
Location: Salinas, CA
Areas of Responsibility:
- Onboard non-confidential employees on the HCM System.
- Maintain accurate and timely employee HCM Information.
- Assist with preparation of new hire packets, recall, layoff notices and employee memorandums.
- Communicate and collaborate with Operations regarding employee statuses, absences and leaves.
- Assist with employee orientations
- A minimum of 3 years’ of experience in a similar role preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with HCM systems.
- Bilingual and bi-literate in English and Spanish.
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work Monday through Friday, and holidays, weekends when needed.
- Some travel and afterhours work required.
- Loves to work with people and communicate collaboratively to accomplish common goals
- Self-motivated to continually improve and add value, even if it is outside of their job description
- Enjoys being a team player and being part of a collective effort
- Prioritizes workload and looks to improve efficiencies