Seed Procurement and Trialing Intern
Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
The Internship: In this role, you will work closely with our Production Team to help build out a seed trialing program using Power Apps. The applicant will be responsible for the development and implementation of the newly created program. You will work directly with both Tanimura and Antle Internal Farming team as well as the Tanimura and Antle Farm Service group to help create a program that will serve both parties as an informational and analytical tool to be used when making varietal selections for the Salinas production area.
Location: Salinas, CA
Areas of Responsibility:
- Work with the seed warehouse and procurement assistant dealing in all things seed.
- Sowing, planting, and documenting both direct seed and transplant variety trials.
- Notifying the farming group when trials are ready to be evaluated.
- Assist in delivering seed to the various nurseries, including the PlantTape sowing line.
- Generate a repeatable blueprint for the fabrication shop to follow.
Currently enrolled in either a Junior College and or 4-year University.
Relevant major or field of study.
Willing to work in an outdoor environment around heavy equipment.
Must have current driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be a self-starter – this position will work most of the time in a solo manner without direct supervision.
- Not afraid to ask questions.