Sales Service Manager
Born from a culture of innovation, the Tanimura & Antle hydroponics operation is one of the largest greenhouse lettuce operations in the nation. We pride ourselves in being growers first and is our competitive advantage in the indoor farming world. With a 13-year successful track record, we have a success story that builds lasting relationships.
We are growing! Literally in new greenhouse expansions and the vegetables grown inside. We are looking for employees to build upon the Tanimura & Antle greenhouse culture and want to have an impact to local communities. We are committed to indoor advanced technologies while still believing in our people (the farmer) to grow a high quality vegetable.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
In this role you will work to maintain and develop our National Retail Accounts. This will require you to work collaboratively across multiple departments in order to accurately and effectively execute daily responsibilities. You will have direct facing and daily communications with the customer. Excellent reasoning skills are a must as this role is critical to the success of the program.
Location: Salinas, CA
Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for the maintenance of our Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Program.
- Manage and maintain volume flow on behalf of the customer. Build and adjust orders accordingly based on sales trends.
- Analyze sales and market fluctuations to anticipate future demand.
- Proactively forecast monthly lifts based on market position (this includes ad planning).
- Provide excellent service to customers and understand their systems and procedures.
- Daily communication with customers as it relates to Tanimura & Antle products.
- Ability to effectively articulate market updates, and industry outlooks.
- Problem resolution. This involves working with internal and external parties to quickly resolve and adjust future processes as needed.
- Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures
- Work with customers and accounting departments on unresolved balances & short payments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel is a must.
- Detail oriented with ability to multitask.
- Basic to intermediate math skills. Understanding of general accounting a plus.
- Must be able to work well both independently and with a team.
- Must be able to promote a positive company image, and uphold company values.
- High School Diploma/GED and a Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 years of related experience
- Some travel and afterhours work required.
- Loves to work with people and communicate collaboratively to accomplish common goals
- Self-motivated to continually improve and add value, even if it is outside of their job description
- Ability to trouble shoot and provide solutions
- Ability to plan ahead and predict problems by being observant to the little things that make a big difference
- Enjoys being a team player and being part of a collective effort