Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
The Internship: We are searching for a sales intern to join our sales team. The sales intern will complete all tasks assigned by the manager, which may include answering phone calls, entering sales orders, participating in customer events and assisting the sales team with misc. tasks as assigned. You should be able to take instruction, but also work unsupervised when required.
To be successful as a sales intern, you should be willing to learn as much about the company as possible. Outstanding sales interns are problem solvers who know the value of building lasting, professional relationships.
Location: Salinas, CA
Areas of Responsibility:
- Gain a general understanding of how all departments interact and the role that each plays in providing our products to customers.
- Work with sales staff in support of their daily activities while at the same time learning the systems and processes required to be a successful account manager.
- This will include answering phones / emails, taking and entering orders, managing orders for changes and facilitating the needs of the account managers.
- Provide excellent service to customers and understand their systems and procedures.
- Daily communication with customers as it relates to Tanimura and Antle products.
- Learn to effectively articulate market updates and industry outlooks.
- Participate in customer events (tours, visits, dinners, etc).
- Participate in daily pricing strategy discussion and distribution.
- Provide daily competitor pricing analysis.
- Support Account Managers with customer analysis (e.g. YOY, YTD Performance, AD Hock Reporting).
Excellent written and oral communication skills, including promotional and creative writing
Organization and project management skills to meet identified deadlines
High school diploma and currently a sophomore or junior college level student
Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
Able to troubleshoot, problem-solve and prioritize
Database experience is helpful but not necessary
- Loves to work with people and communicate collaboratively to accomplish common goals
- Self-motivated to continually improve and add value, even if it is outside of their job description
- Ability to trouble shoot and provide solutions
- Ability to plan ahead and predict problems by being observant to the little things that make a big difference
- Enjoys being a team player and being part of a collective effort