Sales Account Manager
Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of developing each customer relationship, understanding their needs and the market channel as a business. This extends from growing the revenue and profitability of existing customers across product lines to the development of new customers. You will be accountable for profitability, revenue, and inventory. Utilizing our sales services, you will develop innovative solutions that align the needs of the customer with company goals. You must be able to communicate effectively with all areas of the Company.
Location: Salinas, CA
Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage each customer and market channel from participating in strategic planning to execute tactical activities.
- Responsible for customer planning and forecasting, including projecting number of cartons and revenue.
- Sell across all product lines, including new product launches, rationalization and inventory flow.
- Participate in daily pricing and future price forecasting.
- Prepare customer presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Prepare action plans and executing those plans maximizing the capabilities of the customer and the Company.
- Follow-up, monitor and provide solutions for all areas of accounting including (e.g., credits quality, short pays, and late payments).
- Develop and implement a Company-wide go to market strategy for your customer base.
- Schedule customer visits including top-to-top strategic meetings.
- Identify and address customer concerns and identify opportunities.
- Develop and implement ad activities to reduce inventory and maximize profitability and revenue.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with customers, team members that reflect a reputation for professional communications, service, trust, integrity, reliability, attention to detail and urgency.
- Travel estimated to be 15% in accordance with Company policy.
- Must have reliable, predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years of sales experience in Foodservice, Wholesale and Retail. Preferred familiarity with Tanimura & Antle products, including both conventional and organic leafy-greens, broccoli, cauliflower and celery.
- Ability to communicate effectively in all circumstances, including over the phone, email and in person.
- Must have superior written and verbal interpersonal skills to communicate and work with everyone, in the field, cooler, to customers, team-members, supervisor, management, and external stakeholders.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Internet software.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Promote a positive Company image, understands and supports overall Sales priorities and work in a collaborative way to support the highest overall Company profitability.
- Must be able to maintain and abide by confidentiality.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and be goal driven.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.