Red Onion Marmalade
Products Used: Tanimura & Antle Artisan Sweet Red Onion
- 3 Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Red Onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a small, heavy saucepan. Add in the thinly sliced Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Red Onions. Cover and cook briskly for about 10 to 15 minutes, until onions have softened, stirring often.
- Add sugar, and slowly cook uncovered for another five minutes, until some of the onions begin to caramelize and liquid is nearly evaporated.
- Add in the red wine. Continue to cook, stirring often, until the wine has reduced and the mixture has no liquid pooling at the bottom when you put a spoon through the marmalade (20-30 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add red wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.