Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
As Product Manager, you will develop each product line as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability to working with production to develop new products. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must be the bridge between the market and the field to understand the problems and find the opportunities and recommend innovative solutions. You will be held accountable for profitability and revenue. You must be able to communicate effectively and succinctly within all areas of the company. You will be the internal and external activist for your product line working with Sales, Production, Marketing and key customers.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Production planning / Forecasting
- SKU Management – Includes rationalization and inventory flow
- Daily/Ad Pricing – In conjunction with Senior Director of Product Management
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and growers
- Driving innovative solutions in all area’s through understanding of market requirements, contract pricing and levels, and positioning.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go to market strategy for your product line and working across departments to execute.
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) or higher. A combination of relevant work experience and/or training may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 3-5 years of prior Product Management Experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and have experience in E1 and Internet Software.
- Must be able to work full-time during normal business hours. On occasion, this position will require working on the weekends and outside normal business hours as required and approved by the Sr. Director of Product Management.
- Promotes a positive Company image, and supports the Finance Department efforts.
- Must be able to maintain and abide by confidentiality.
- Must understand overall employee, Department, and Company priorities as it relates to Product Management priorities.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and be goal driven.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Must prioritize workload, track and follow-up with pending matters.
- Must have reliable, predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.