Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
The Internship: We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated marketing intern to join our marketing department. If you’re an ambitious individual who wants to build a career in food or produce marketing, then this is the opportunity for you! Your work will include preparing for a variety of events, monitoring social platforms, conducting market analysis, assisting with content shoots and more.
In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should have excellent multitasking and organizational abilities.
Location: Salinas, CA
Areas of Responsibility:
- Assembling Tanimura & Antle branded items (hats, bags, pens, notebooks, jackets, etc.) for employees and customers by request.
- Will conduct and record our annual inventory of branded merchandise items.
- Assist with maintaining marketing contact email lists and migrating to new master contacts platform.
- Researching and evaluating competitor marketing and digital content.
- Drafts company content including but not limited to:
- Social Media Posts
- Product Information
- Internal Communications
- Leadership Bios
- Supports local tradeshow participation including booth set up, product orders, registration and more
- Assists with setting up and preparing office areas for customer tours and meetings.
- Helping with the planning and hosting of Company summer events including: Annual Family Fair, 20 Year Club, Customer Appreciation Events
- Supports the Marketing Creative Manager with photo and video shoots. Including but not limited to:
- Setting up equipment and lighting
- Organizing and keeping inventory of styled photography props
- Prepping ingredients for recipe shoots
- Must be a self-starter with a curious, inquisitive personality that is inspired by challenging projects and questions the status quo
- Ability to use Adobe programs such as Illustrator and Photoshop preferred.
- Natural ability to process and articulate information into sound decision-making.
- High school diploma and college standing of Sophomore or Junior standing preferred.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have current driver’s license.
- Loves to work with people and communicate collaboratively to accomplish common goals
- Highly organized and motivated with a self-starter attitude and strong attention to detail
- Has a passion for agriculture and food and the opportunity to educate consumers
- Self-motivated to continually improve and add value, even if it is outside of their job description
- Ability to plan ahead and predict problems by being observant to the little things that make a big difference
- Capability to tell compelling stories and connect information to visual content to engage an audience
- Enjoys being a team player and being part of a collective effort