Marketing Communications Coordinator
Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
The Role: As our Marketing Communications Coordinator, you will primarily be responsible for supporting our communication efforts to our various audiences. Your job requires you to coordinate marketing initiatives that will market our company’s vision and branded products to our various audiences.
Location: Salinas, CA
Areas of Responsibility:
- Website Management – Works cross functionally with the IT department and Director of Marketing to ensure all of our company websites are updated regularly with new content, imagery and functioning properly.
- Social Media – In collaboration with the Marketing Creative Manager and Director of Marketing, you will coordinate and plan the social media for all Tanimura & Antle and partner company social media platforms. This includes but is not limited to:
- Creating actionable plans to grow and engage with followers on social media platforms
- Working collaboratively with each partner company to plan and create inspiring and creative social media content calendars
- Thinking outside of the box to seek new post ideas and create timely, on-trend content
- Reporting on social media growth and analytics monthly to leadership of each company
- Constantly seeking new ideas and trends to keep all content relevant and timely
- Influencer Marketing – Coordinates and executes the Company’s influencer marketing partnerships. This includes but is not limited to:
- Following up with influencer partners on timelines, content and deliverables.
- Reviewing influencer content and submitting cohesive edits.
- Coordinating and shipping product samples required for influencer content.
- Reporting on influencer metrics and success to communicate overall value to leadership team
- Promotions & Giveaways – Works collaboratively with the marketing team to develop and execute seasonal product promotions. Facilitates all promotion components such as social media content, website entry forms, giveaways, rules, reporting, etc.
- Email Marketing – Coordinates, drafts and distributes email-marketing programs including a Monthly Consumer Email Blast, Employee Newsletter and Employee Spotlight as well as a Bi-Monthly Customer Newsletter. This includes copywriting and drafting copy and messaging with a variety of departments, upper management and employees.
- Supports communicating recruitment efforts for new job openings for all companies:
- Posts job openings to each relevant company’s website
- Works with Creative Manager to create necessary job opening graphics
- Posts job openings to external recruitment sites
- Distributes new job openings internally to employees
- Coordinates annual internship program, including coordinating interviews, determining openings with departments, registering for career fairs, assembling career fair materials and tracking retention rates of hired interns to gauge program success.
- Consumer Response – Supports outside consultant for our consumer response communications program which includes:
- Communicating with customers for customer specific product complaints
- Ensuring outside consultant is responding appropriately and following process correctly
- Updating pre-written responses as needed
- Replenishing consultant supplies and print coupons
- Content Creation – Assists the Marketing Creative Manager with photo shoots and video shoots as needed. Creates social media graphics, invitations, flyers and a variety of other materials as needed.
- Bachelor Degree. Concentration in Agriculture Business, Communications or Marketing preferred.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience; Experience within fresh produce or food is preferred.
- Experience with website development and/or familiarity with Divi Builder, Word Press and Elementor is strongly preferred.
- Strong writing skills and aptitude for spelling and grammar
- Experience with photography, video editing, content creation, Adobe programs and other relevant programs is strongly encouraged
- Highly computer literate with skill in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills are essential
- Loves to work with people and communicate collaboratively to accomplish common goals
- Highly organized and motivated with a self-starter attitude and strong attention to detail
- Has a passion for agriculture and food and the opportunity to educate consumers
- Self-motivated to continually improve and add value, even if it is outside of their job description
- Ability to plan ahead and predict problems by being observant to the little things that make a big difference
- Capability to tell compelling stories and connect information to visual content to engage an audience
- Enjoys being a team player and being part of a collective effort