Harvest Fabrication & Special Projects Intern
Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
The Internship: In this role, you will work closely with harvest supervision and the fabrication shop to identify potential improvements in harvest equipment and then create solutions. Needs for improvement might include safety, sanitation, efficiency, and others. Once a possible solution is discovered, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of the improvement.
Location: Salinas, CA
Areas of Responsibility:
- Identifying needs of harvest crews
- Inventing/designing functional solutions in response to harvest needs
- Fabrication and implementation of new equipment
- Generating a repeatable blueprint for fabrication shop to follow
Relevant major or field of study
Ability to process and articulate information into sound decision-making
High school diploma and college standing of junior or senior
Must have current driver’s license
- Highly independent. Self-motivated to continually improve and add value, even if it is outside of their job description
- Hands-on approach to work. Ability to trouble shoot and provide solutions
- Effective communication skills, verbally and written
- Enjoys being a team player and being part of a collective effort
- Ability to plan ahead and predict problems by being observant to the little things that make a big difference