Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
The Internship: We are looking for a collaborative and energetic intern to join our finance department. In this role you will work with our finance team to learn how accountants and analysts work collaboratively across multiple operational departments to accurately, effectively and timely report on the operations activities to help managers make good decisions for their departments.
Location: Salinas, CA
Areas of Responsibility:
- Gain exposure to various functions in finance and operations of the businesses they support
- Assist with special projects and financial analysis
- Assist with period end processes and reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma and college standing of Junior
- Have interest in a career in the ag industry
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to managers and other employees.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have good computer skills. Experience with MS Excel required.
- Must have current driver’s license.
- Loves to work with people and communicate collaboratively to accomplish common goals
- Highly organized and motivated with a self-starter attitude and strong attention to detail
- Has an interest in a career in the agriculture industry
- Enjoys being a team player and being part of a collective effort