Farm Maintenance Mechanic
Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 36,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional, organic and greenhouse grown produce products throughout the nation.
We are looking for employees that fit into the Tanimura & Antle culture and want to have an impact on our growth and success. We believe in, and are committed to, creating a sustainable future through innovation throughout our operations.
Our Mission: To “Consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations”
Our Vision: To “Operate as a highly innovative company, sustainably growing, while enhancing the lives of all through employee ownership and customer inspired partnerships”
The Role: This position is responsible for performing intermediate level maintenance, service, and repair of Tanimura & Antle equipment and tractors. Mechanic must be able to troubleshoot issues and complete all maintenance processes to ensure that our equipment operates efficiently. In this position the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. This is a full-time position.
Location: Salinas, California
Pay Range: Starting at $19.50 per hour
Areas of Responsibility:
- Performs preventative maintenance on farm equipment and company tractors.
- Responds to service calls.
- Troubleshoot issues in a timely manner.
- Maintains a clean shop and work area.
- Agricultural mechanic experience (3 years +)
- Must have MIG and Arc welding experience.
- Must have good oxygen/acetylene torch skills.
- Must have general knowledge of hydraulic systems.
- Must have basic electrical understanding and troubleshooting skills for equipment.
- Must be able to fabricate equipment.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Person must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs weight.
- Must have valid Class ‘’C’’ license.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Promotes a positive Company image
- Must be able to maintain and abide by confidentiality.
- Must be honest, trustworthy, and respectful.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and ability to collaborate effectively.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, be a self-starter, have a sense of urgency and be process driven.
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.