What You’ll Need:
- 1 bunch of Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Broccoli
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 thinly sliced shallots
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying & sautéing
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place a fine mesh sieve over a heatproof bowl or pot. Set aside for later use.
- Heat oil in a skillet, enough to thinly cover the bottom.
- When the oil is hot, carefully add the sliced shallots to the oil. Fry shallots until crisp.
- Transfer to prepared sieve. Sprinkle salt over shallots, toss to coat & set aside to cool.
- Sauté Sweet Broccoli in remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add sliced mushrooms. Cook together for about 5 minutes, and stir. Cook until Sweet Broccoli is bright green and tender through.
- Transfer to bowl and top with fried shallots, red pepper flakes (optional), salt and pepper to taste.