What You’ll Need:
1 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/3 c water
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp honey
1 tsp minced garlic
6 tbsp olive oil
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1 large Artisan Sweet Red Onion, peeled, cut lengthwise with the core intact
6 c baby spinach
2-3 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
¼ c chopped fresh cilantro
Olive oil, salt and pepper for grilling the onions
1) In a blender, combine tahini, vinegar, water, mustard, honey and garlic. Blend until smooth and then drizzle in oil. Add more water if dressing is too thick, season with salt and pepper.
2) Prepare the bar-b-que or heat a grill pan over medium heat.
3) Slice onion into ½” pieces through the core end, leaving the pieces attached.
4) Sprinkle onion pieces with oil, salt and pepper before grilling 2-3 minutes on each side.
5) Toss spinach in a large bowl with warm onion slices, sesame seeds and cilantro.
6) Add ½ c of the dressing and toss well.
7) Add more dressing as needed. Extra dressing can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.