What You’ll Need:
1 Tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
1 lb 95% lean ground turkey
2 cloves garlic
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp chili powder (preferably 2 tsp regular chili powder and 1 tsp ancho chili powder)
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 heads Tanimura & Antle Artisan Romaine
Crumbled cotija cheese
Pico de gallo
Diced red onion
Diced avocado or guacamole
1) Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 2 minutes. Add turkey and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook, tossing and breaking up turkey occasionally, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, tomato sauce and chicken broth. Reduce to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes until sauce has reduced.
2) Add salt and pepper to taste.
3) Chop topping ingredients to desired size
4) To prep Artisan Romaine, chop root end of romaine off, as close to end as possible. Separate leaves. Double up for serving. For an extra crispy crunch, chill washed Artisan Romaine leaves in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before prepping.
5) Assemble Taco cups. To assemble taco cups, place two closely sized artisan romaine leaves on top of each other, top with ground turkey mixture and then toppings of your choice.